Saturday, 5 January 2008

CHALLENGE YOURSELF
















One thing I love to do is to challenge myself to step outside my comfy "art box" and try new things with my art - even if I think I can't do it. As long as I have fun and am happy with the outcome - that's the most important thing.
So today I got out my watercolour pencils and crayons, drawing pencils, pens and some ATC sized watercolour paper and "played".
I am just a beginner with trying out hand drawn ATCs but it is fun to try different things out.
So what "art challenges" are you going give yourself in 2008 ?
What would you try if you knew you couldn't "fail" ? And what's the definition of "failing" anyway - living up to someone else's standards ?
To me creating my particular style of art is living up to my own standards and no one elses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy love your hand drawn lighthouse card using watercolours.
You have done great on your blog too.
Hugs Carol